DJ SHORTY / TRIFID PRODUCTIONS

Hip Hop / Trip Hop / Breakbeat


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


"This is an incredible mix! It does not stop! Saturday night jump start"




DJ Shorty says:

“I’ve is based in South East London, UK. I've been DJ'ing now for nearly 10 years. I play all sorts of music ranging between Hip-Hop, funk, breaks, house, drum n bass and anything else that sounds good!

I hold no prejudice with music, if its good, I will play it!

I love to DJ! Playing music to others and rockin partys is my passion.

About 7 years ago, I saw a video of DJ QBert which introduced me to the world of turntablism. It totaly changed the way I look at decks! I invested in my first set of Technics Decks and scratch mixer and got practicing! Over the years, I have learned to incorporate the turntablism into my sets to keep the focus on the music, but still show the skills! I entered the UK DMC a couple of years back, making it to the London finals but got knocked out by DJ Skully. I feel better knowing he went on to win the UK title! I may enter again, but finding the time to put together a set on top of other obligations has held me back.

I play with a Jazz outfit kow as The Naked Sunday Collective (or N.S.C, check www.nsc-live.com) where we combine turntablism with live jazz & breaks. We played at Glastonbury 2005 which was incerdible!! Other highlights include warming up for Courtney Pine at the London Jazz Festival 2004.

Im looking to start up my own label - TRIFID PRODUCTIONS. Up and coming releases include the first 12" - 'Shake Ya Cellulite' feat MC Angel (check out her myspace to hear the tune!). The First Official TRIFID mixtape, hosted by Angel to follow. Another one to look out for will be a DJ Vs Beatboxer project with Bass6 & Dr Rythm Vs myself, plus a whole bunch of remixes and promos. Influences include DJ Shadow - Love the style and technique. DJ Qbert - for changing not just my opinion on DJing but the worlds!! Beastie Boys - Love those guys! Scratch Perverts - Best UK Crew!”